Wednesday 12 December 2007

Back In Time


I spent some time at BT's R&D centre Adastral Park last week, what an amazing place, from the outside it looks really modern and amazing, and in parts it actually is, the new IP centre looks like mission control! But other areas are like going back to the 1960's, complete with funny notices! I wish I could have taken more pictures but they get a bit funny about all that!
I was there to do some stuff on BT's vision platform, which has a small team on it now that its in production. after a while i noticed that all the bread and butter engineers seemed to be Indian, after talking to Mark the senior developer it seems that Adastral Park has over a thousand Indian contractors working there for 4-5 months at a time! what a commute to work!
Apparently some of the residents of Ipswich are not the most accepting of people, and have huge problems with the local influx of foreign labour. I can tell you the two guys I worked with really knew their beans and where a pleasure to deal with.

No comments: