Wednesday 21 March 2007

Avid City!

OK, I must admit I've been working with Avid products for nearly 10 years now, but this is the first major installation I've done with any of Avids "broadcast" products, namely Airspeed.

Ive kinda installed the rest of the facility, 4 Media Composers, A Unity system, MediaManager, and Portserver, and just left the airspeed's sat in the corner, I would say ignored, but unfortunately it has been sat in the back of my mind, effecting my sleep for the last couple of days.

Anyway today I couldn't avoid hooking them up. One of the machines is brand spanking new, the other is an Avid ex demo machine, which shipped with a beta version of software (just to make my life easier) both need the software updating on them. I'm going to carry on fighting with them today, they seem to connect fine, but we'll see how this changes when we update the software!

Unfortunately I've had a visit from the exec producer today telling me they want to start cutting on Sunday, joy oh joy! my nice little testing window has now got very small!

2 comments:

Phil Crawley said...

Dude, nice to chat on the 'phone the other night - ironically I was on site running in a bunch of fibres to get a Lanshare working - ten ethernet attached clients were proving too much (network congestion).

Ben said...

sounds about right!

how are the editors updating their ipods now though!