Friday 23 March 2007

CAPTURE IN PROGRESS

Those three sweet sweet words after 2 days of hard slog!

As predicted the Airspeeds have given me no end of problems, to start with the ex demo one was shipped with a beta version of software, this one downgraded fine (after I'd sent the unit manager out into Valencia to try and find a USB DVD drive, not easy!) the second one was delivered a few point releases below where we need to be, unfortunately this one won't upgrade, I'd kinda given up on it for a bit while I sort out the correct one.

So the correct version one started up fine, could see the workspace's, and all looked happy except it just wouldn't send any video to the Unity. To me it screamed of an authentication issue, but all the correct info was in place. I spent a couple of hours on the phone to the good people at Avid Broadcast support, but after checking everything through they where also stumped!

As the time ticked away last night I decided to take drastic action and re-imaged the Portserver, 20 minutes later the jubilation I exerted when the airspeed wrote a folder to the unity was so Intense (i.e I swore quite loudly, and gave a high pitched scream) that 2 security guards came running truncheon's drawn, I think they where quite disappointed when they realised they couldn't give me a beating (thank god!).

So this morning I managed to do some nice long records, and when I eventually sorted MXF etc got those sweet words above in the source monitor.

I'm just awaiting the editors to arrive tomorrow now and decided they want the whole building moved around for their Feng Sui!

No comments: